Star Clippers' Insurance
Star Clippers' specialized Cruise Protection Plan through Travel Guard(r) / Insure America protects you and your investment before and during your trip. Travel Guard(r) is optional, must be paid at the time of deposit and is non-refundable. Rates are per person.
|Trip Cost Per Person||Age 0-34||Age 35-59||Age 60-69||Age 70-74||Age 75-79||Age 80-84||Age 85+|
|$1 - $250||$25||$21||$32||$60||$73||$127||$164|
|$251 - 500||$28||$35||$48||$78||$98||$149||$201|
|$501 - $1000||$37||$41||$58||$90||$113||$171||$231|
|$1001 - $1500||$52||$55||$77||$113||$139||$205||$275|
|$1501 - $2000||$70||$78||$108||$151||$187||$268||$359|
|$2001 - $2500||$90||$106||$145||$196||$240||$338||$451|
|$2501 - $3000||$103||$137||$186||$248||$303||$421||
|$3001 - $3500||$118||$156||$211||$280||$342||$473||$631|
|$3501 - $4000||$133||$180||$244||$320||$392||$538||$717|
|$4001 - $4500||$137||$202||$273||$357||$437||$596||$797|
|$4501 - $5000||$183||$209||$282||$367||$449||$613||$817|
|$5001 - $5500||$206||$282||$382||$494||$609||$819||$1,106|
|$5501 - $6000||$230||$319||$432||$558||$688||$923||$1,249|
|$6001 - $6500||$277||$357||$484||$624||$770||$1,029||$1,395|
|$6501 - $7000||$310||$431||$585||$752||$930||$1,236||$1,683|
For trips over $7,000 per person, please call your Vacations To Go travel counselor.
- 100% Trip Cost for Trip Cancellation: Reimburses forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for Trips that are canceled prior to the scheduled departure date.
- 150% Trip Cost for Trip Interruption: Reimburses forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments or deposits up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for Trips that are interrupted after the scheduled departure date.
- $750 for Trip Interruption - Return Air Only: Reimburses the additional airline transportation expenses incurred by you to reach the return destination for trip interruptions.
- $750 for Trip Delay: Reimburses up to $150 per day/per person up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for reasonable additional expenses if the insured is delayed for more than 5 consecutive hours due to a covered reason.
- $250 for Missed Connection: Reimburses up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits if Inclement Weather or Common Carrier causes cancellation or a delay of regularly scheduled airline flights for 3 or more hours to your point of departure.
- $1,000 for Baggage & Personal Effects: Can reimburse you if your baggage or personal effects are lost, stolen or damaged while on your Trip, subject to the Maximum Benefit.
- $300 for Baggage Delay: If your Baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of Necessary Personal Effects, subject to the Maximum Benefit.
- $25,000 for Accident Sickness Medical Expense*: Pays up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for necessary medical expenses due to Injury or Sickness incurred while on a Trip. Initial treatment must be received during Trip. Pays for emergency dental expenses during the trip due to injury to sound, natural teeth while on the trip. Covers medical and surgical treatment by a licensed physician; professional nursing, hospital, x-ray and ambulance services during your Trip provided initial treatment was received during the trip.
- $500,000 for Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains*: Covers evacuation and transportation as directed by a Physician to the nearest adequate medical facility (home in the event of death or if medically required). Pays for special medical escort if recommended in writing by the attending Physician.
- $10,000 for Accidental Death & Dismemberment: Pays for loss of life or limb if it occurs within 365 days of an accident during your Trip.
Travel Guard(r) Assistance -- 24-hour emergency medical assistance and evacuation, all just a phone call away. Call 1-888-826-1300. You will receive a Certificate of Insurance with your final documents, describing coverage and exclusions in detail; please read it carefully. Star Clippers reserves the right to change insurance coverage and premiums without notice.
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION EXCLUSION APPLICABLE TO ALL COVERAGE TRAVEL INSURANCE
We will not pay for loss or expense incurred as the result of injury or sickness of an insured or family member which manifests itself during the 60 days immediately preceding and including the effective date, unless the condition is controlled through the taking of prescription drugs or medication and remains controlled through the 60-day period. A sickness has manifested itself when: (a) medical care or treatment has been given or (b) there exist symptoms which would cause a reasonable, prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
RIGHTS RESERVED & LIMITS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The transportation of passengers and baggage is governed by the terms and conditions of the Contract of Passage contained in the cruise ticket. The passenger's acceptance of the ticket contract and acceptance of passage on the vessel constitute acceptance of the terms, conditions and information contained in this document and the cruise ticket. It is recommended that you read the terms carefully.
Star Clippers reserves the right at its sole option and discretion and that of the Captain of the ship without liability for damages or refund of any kind to deviate from the ship's advertised or ordinary itinerary or route, to delay, advance or cancel any sailing, to omit or change ports of call and may, but is not obliged to, arrange for substantially equivalent transportation by another vessel and/or by other means of transportation, to cause the passenger to disembark from the ship temporarily or permanently, to tow or to be towed or assist other vessels, or to perform any similar act which, in its sole judgment and discretion, is justified for any reason.
Star Clippers may for any reason whatsoever cancel any sailing at any time before departure of the ship including the event of a full-ship charter. In such events, Star Clippers' only liability will be to refund to the passenger the amount it has received for the cruise ticket.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR/LIMIT OF LIABILITY
Star Clippers' liability and responsibility does not extend beyond the vessel; any arrangements made by or for passengers either before boarding or when disembarking are at the passenger's own risk. Star Clippers does not own or control any airlines, ground transportation or hotels. As a convenience to our passengers, Star Clippers may sell tickets for shore excursions or arrange other services that are operated by independent contractors, but Star Clippers shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury or death arising in conjunction with the services provided by these independent contractors.
This is not a complete description of all benefits and limitations. For full terms and conditions of coverage, ask your Vacations To Go cruise counselor. Prices, terms, and conditions listed in this summary are subject to change without notice, and need to be reconfirmed with your Vacations To Go cruise counselor at the time of booking.
If you book a Star Clippers cruise, you can purchase insurance from Star Clippers or from the independent insurance provider, CSA. Click here to see details of the CSA Travel Protection Plan.